Dover Foundation gives highest priority to eligible organizations in the Greater Cleveland County area. Organizations who fall outside this geographic scope are considered only under special circumstances.
Dover Foundation does not:
- Make grants or loans to individuals
- Make loans to charitable organizations
- Respond to mass mailings
- Purchase advertising
- Donate to political causes, candidates, organizations or campaigns
- Purchase dinners, galas, or raffle tickets. We generally do not sponsor these events because the sponsorship is not fully deductible and because we prefer that our funds go directly to program services rather than offsetting event expenses.
- Award college scholarships that are not part of Dover Foundation’s scholarship program
- Support churches outside Cleveland County
- Fund church trips outside Cleveland County
- Provide funds to organizations that use tax exempt status to make those funds available to non-eligible organizations.
The Dover Foundation, Inc. Board of Directors meets four times a year to consider grant awards. DEADLINES for submitting completed grant applications to
Eligible applications received after the deadline will be considered at the next quarterly meeting.
Tax-exempt organizations may submit ONE request per twelve month period using the application.