Charles I. Dover initiated the Dover Foundation Scholarship Program in 1968. Dover Foundation Scholarship recipients have the opportunity to attend Gardner-Webb University or any other accredited college or university. The total annual allotment for scholarships has increased from $2,000 at inception to $150,000 today. The Dover Foundation has been privileged to make these awards to many meritorious scholars.
Seniors from Burns, Crest, Kings Mountain and Shelby High Schools can apply for the Dover Foundation Scholarship through their senior guidance counselor.
What is the application procedure
A formal grant request may be submitted to the Foundation by Letter or email and must include the following information:
- Grants should be submitted on the official letterhead of the organization.
- A brief description of the purpose of the organization and its most significant programs
- .The specific amount of funding requested.
- A brief description of the purpose for which the grant would be used.
- A definite plan for the successful completion of the project.
- Signature and title of an authorized member of the organization.
- A copy of the organization’s most recent tax exemption letters from the IRS
When are grants awarded?
The Dover Foundation, Inc. Board of Directors meets four times a year to consider grant awards. DEADLINES for grant requests to
What is the procedure is to disburse funds?
The normal procedure is to disburse funds for approved grants within 30 days following The Dover Foundation, Inc. Board of Directors meeting.